Friday, June 25, 2010

Whimsy goes to Denver, CO

Day 11:


I am actually skipping day 9 and day 10


because I can't remember what I did.


I might remember later.




Today, Thursday June 17th. Luke and I drove into Boulder for the Oil Spill photo shoot I have with Aaron Dover. He was running a bit late so we ate at a healthy smoothie place next door to the studio called Rush. Aaron showed up with his friend Meghann, who was super sweet. They gave me a blond wig to work with. It had bangs that made it obvious that it was a wig so I twisted them back and Bobbie pinned them in place. After he got all his lighting in check I sat on a chair with a bathing suit top and shorts. He had me hold a deflated globe and Meghann began pouring watered down chocolate syrup all over me. It got in my eyes at times but that only added to the tears I needed for the shoot. I did sad, angry, pissed, merciless, depressed, crying, and some others. He ended up going with angry.



We all decided to go into Boulder together to watch the Celtics vs. Lakers FINAL game. We had a blast, until Celtics lost. They too were Celtic fans being that they were from New Hampshire. My friend Will Lamb who had been living in boulder for a while came to meet up with us. He told me he planned on heading back to New Orleans for good that Monday. We planned to meet up one more time later.

2 comments:

Simon said...

I just started following you. Yay!!!

Sarah said...

<3. What you did with the bangs was awesome. It reminds me of that picture of Jesus carrying the cross to his death. You know with the blood and sweat dripping down from the crown of thorns, pretty intense stuff Laura. I feel like people give you something to do in photo shoots and you just run with it. You bring everything to it, and I'm sure you floor each photographer every time. Keep up the awesome work, I want to see you in Vogue in T- 1 yr!