Thursday, July 8, 2010

Whimsy goes to Denver, CO

Day 12:


The last day I updated was June 17th and today is actually July 8th. I have a lot of catching up to do. Forgive me if I start to explain things vaguely. Its the perfect day to do so considering I am couch bound with Luke due to his sprained ankle that I will get to later on. Lets see where to begin again.....


June 18th sounds like a wonderful day to expand upon.

Remember how I spoke about meeting the Oil Painter/Photographer David D at Starbucks? Well this is the day we shot the pictures. He wanted to meet us at Red Rocks at 7:30. Unfortunately Luke and I were late, but David was okay with it considering it was because we didn't know where we were going (mapquest AND our TomTom failed us). I jumped out the car to once again say sorry for being late. He was fine with it and told me what I was wearing was nice and would be great for the pictures. It was a white blouse and jeans. Gathering up all the other outfits we made it up a trail up to the high platformed amber rocks and went straight into shooting. Luke read his book on a even higher rock coming down sometimes to help with the light reflector.
We got a lot more but he is still going through them and other model's shoots. After the shooting, Marshal met up with us and we got breakfast at a place not far from the Red Rocks Amphitheater. I had a fruit cup and egg. It was SO fresh with fruits that you wouldn't expect to see at a restaurant way up high in the mountains; raspberries, blueberries, grapes, pineapple, watermelon, banana, kiwi and more! Marshal drove up and up through the mountains and Luke and I began to feel the altitude. It makes you feel sleepy with a heavy head. It was so beautiful up there with plenty of wild flowers to photograph. I also managed to get some Wildlife pictures. I had the most amazing shot of a fawn milking with its mother and later I looked at the picture and it was over exposed! I made marshal drive up to it and I jumped out the car and managed to follow it into some one's backyard. How wonderful would it be to have such amazing sites regularly in your yard!
We then went on up to the Amphitheater where we will eventually be seeing Sublime
perform on July 10th. I saw this car I thought some of you might enjoy
[@Sketchler].
UPDATE:
Just found out from Derek and Sketchler that it might be a
Thanks, guys.

No comments: