Thursday, July 8, 2010

Whimsy goes to Denver, CO

Day 13-24:
(June 19th-30th)
Well I needed to catch up somehow...
The main theme of this week is our new job at....It is basically a restaurant in a movie theater. I had known Luke got the job, I later found out I got the job too. Didn't expect that considering I put fake numbers for where I have worked (didn't have my phone on me) and filled out the application while drinking a beer (We were locked out of the house and wanted to get a beer somewhere and ended up at Cinebarre).
First day: went in to fill out paper work and found out we were to be runners. Surprisingly, working with Luke is fun. Even when we are at each others throats before work, as soon as we get to work we are a team. Our main job tasks are as followed:
Clean theaters in between showings.
Bring drinks and food to people in theaters and bar.
AND WORST OF ALL: Pre-bussing.
The first time they told us to pre-bus, Luke and I both came out of separate theaters with plates and looked at each other in awe. I knew he was thinking the exact same thing I was. Nope, not because the leftover food and sauces were disgusting (that doesn't bother me). It's because they send you to pre-bus at the end of the movie! You know, when your intensely watching to see who Bella is going to choose, what's going to happen with Buzz and Woody, will Aaron Green make up with his girlfriend after wild parties with Aldous Snow, or is Will Smith's son really going to save the day? This is not the time for, "Excuse me, Mam, may I take your plate?" Yea, at times you may think it evident that you can take their plate, but you'd be surprised how many times people say, "Oh, I am still eating that!"
And your thinking.."THE KETCHUP???"
May sound like a grand idea, but there are a LOT of flaws with this place. For one thing eating while you are watching a movie sounds great, but if you are the type that needs concentration and get annoyed when you hear the sound of someones candy wrapper or someone chewing popcorn--This is Definitely NOT the place for you to watch your favorite (or possible favorite) movies.

June 19th
Danaya (Mike's Fiance, who we are staying with) asked me and Maria to go wedding dress shopping with her. I have always wanted to do this with someone! She had an appointment at a wedding boutique in Cherry Creeks (a very posh town South of downtown Denver.) It defiantly pumped me up for one of my girlfriends getting married and helping them with their planning. Here are some beautiful pictures from the shop.


June 22nd

Luke and I went to Colorado Rockies vs Boston Red Sox game at Coors Stadium. Aaron (the oil spill photographer from June 17th) got us a free ticket and Luke and I split the other one. We met Aaron and Meghann at a close-by bar and restaurant called Falling Rock. I told the waiter I wanted a "Flat tire" and got messed with because it is called a "Fat Tire." We then got worried because we saw on the menu "Stupid Questions" were eighty-seven cents. Oops.

The game was fun but the pitcher for the Rockies was just too good for the Red Sox. It was pretty dangerous being with the few Red Sox fans amongst all the local Rockies Fans. One of the guys that was sitting with us made a big mistake by spilling his beer on the girl in front of him. Her husband, obvious Rockies fan angered by crazy Sox fans behind him, got up and went to the crowed moderator to complain. Didn't know that an elderly man could be such a baby. Luke and I took the light rail back home after.

June 30th
I met the scriptwriter and director David (not the same one I worked with at Red Rocks) at Starbucks in Golden, a very quaint town sitting right next to the mountains. He wanted me to play the main character in his new pitch, "Joan of Arc." I auditioned and got the part! We plan on shooting Saturday July 10th at 1:00pm if the lighting is right. After the audition and hearing all about the other interesting scripts he has going on, we ate at local pizza restaurant next door. The pizza was so good and I wish we could of stayed longer, but Luke and I had work... boo.

June 29th
Luke and I get to work, and to our surprise the walkway is spruced up with red carpets, tables with a red table cloth, Vitamin Water tents, HOT 107.1, Hot Topic and Obsessive Twilight fans. Yep, Its The Twilight Saga: Eclipse Premier! We walked around with h'ourderves. I had a lot of fun and getting tips wasn't bad. I kept going up to the same people in order to get rid of food before it got cold. Some of the people that work there are a bit on the laid back side and don't get the job done quickly. Mainly because they don't think there are tasks after the task they have at hand. When you have a job there are usually always other things to do when you finish. I think I prefer working with more fast pace workers who take their job a bit more serious (not to serious).

No comments: