Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Whimsy goes to Denver, CO

Day 27
(July 3rd)
Today I am modeling with David again (Red Rocks David). As soon as I woke up I went to Sally's for hair extensions, Jessie has inspired me with hers. Unfortunately I was there an hour early to when it opened so I went to the super market to get my winning money from the scratch-offs I had bought the day before (I basically just won my money back). When I got to Sally's, after waiting a bit longer, they didn't end up having my color. The lady working was very helpful and told me to get the lighter one and die it dark. It ended up working very well, but didn't give me much time to get ready. I curled the edges with a thick curling iron and it looked pretty natural.



Driving there was a bit of a hassle. The tom tom wasn't working and the directions I wrote from map quest seemed off after the first 4 directions. I stopped 2 times to ask for directions. I finally got there and we did some warm up shoots before he was to paint me. He told me he had never done live modeling. He wanted to warm up his drawing skills by doing a quick drawing...




It wasn't very hard to stay still, but no matter how I positioned myself something always cramped up. We ate Fajitas and Asian salad that he made and went back to shooting. In his backyard he had tons of bunnies. He told me one time he noticed a bunny that looked like it had been died pink hopping around. After dinner we went to the mountains in Highland Ranch and waited for the sun to set. It was really beautiful and there were tons of people waiting for the sunset also. While we were waiting, I grabbed the camera from him and got some pictures of him. I think he appreciated it. The sun began to set and we shot like crazy. It was difficult because we didn't have much time and I was standing right at the end of a rock. Here are some of the shots:



No comments: