Friday, June 25, 2010

Whimsy goes to Denver, CO

Day 7:


"Breast Cancer Photo shoot"




This week is filled with lots of work! Today I am going to a photo shoot at the photographer Bray's house for a Breast Cancer book he is making. Of course I brought Luke with me....he is my bodyguard these days. When we got to the neighborhood we were surprised at how nice it was. After knocking on his door, a large man appeared. I sat down across the coffee table from him and he had me fill out paper work that basically stated he could do anything he wanted with the pictures. I was okay with it because he was paying me for them (a lot might I add). I then asked him when he was going to pay me and at that instance he took the money right out from his pocket and handed it on the coffee table. He laid down a picture from his IPhone that inspired him...It was a picture of a woman laying naked with flowers covering her. As soon as I saw it, I looked at him and said, "Sorry, but I am not going to get naked." He told me that he was okay with that, as he had other models that would. His plan was to make a Breast Cancer book with photographs of woman showing their personality while wearing something with the "Breast Cancer pink." He told me he had bought some ribbon he wanted me to wear. I was getting a bit worried, so I started taking hold of the situation by asking him to see the ribbons he wanted me to wear. Luke and I went into the bathroom and started tapping a dress together with ribbon. It ended up looking edgy, classy, and very Lady Gaga, might I say. It was asymmetrical and all the lines of the ribbon's edge went the same direction. I would show you a picture, but he hasn't sent me the pictures yet-kind of annoyed by that actually (Its been more that a week). We got a bunch of great photos...he showed them to me as we went. I was excited to leave though, it was a little weird. I was comfortable in front of the camera, but not so much around the guy when he wasn't taking pictures. I was hopping all my gigs weren't' going to be this uncomfortable.


No comments: