Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 4 (cont.), 5 and 6

Day 4 (cont.)
(July 11)

That evening we got to Danaya and Mike's house. As soon as we entered a huge bulldog jumped on me and brought me to the ground. I found out his name was Sherman. Very intense pup. They also have a very calm Boston Terrior, like Toto. Their home is a very quaint little place with flower decorations and trendy furnishings. It even has a basement just for lounging with a huge flat screen TV. That night we ate pizza all together and got to acquaint with one another, well reacquaint with Luke. I was excited to notice Danaya's sewing machine in our room, considering I left mine at home. She said I was free to use it whenever I'd like.


Day 5
(July 12)
Today we watched USA and England World Cup soccer game. We didn't do much else, as we were tiers from our road trip. We did have a nice dinner that Danaya cooked for us. She cooked a chicken in a crock pot with potatoes and made an amazing broccoli and cheese pasta. Sherman also ate with us...Then we played In A Pickle, a game of organizing biggest to smallest. I kept getting abstract words that didn't make much sense.


Day 6

(July 13)

As soon as I woke up Danaya had made us Crepe. I had never had one before.

It is basically fruit, powdered sugar and yogurt on a soft thin tortilla. She made it so we could make our own. At first I just wanted the fruit on its own, but eventually I tried it to be polite and it was very delicious! We then threw on our rain jackets and went to the Renaissance Festival. I had heard of it before, but never thought it was in my near future to go to it especially on a day as rainy as that. We drove an hour out of town, Danaya and I drove separately. On the ride she spoke to me about how Mike (her fiance) had gotten into a horrible wreck as the passenger in his work truck. He broke two vertebrates in his neck and was in a horrible state. She stayed with him in the hospital holding his hand and that's when they both realized they were meant for each other. I also found out she is 25 and he is 22 (like Luke). We continued through the mountains till we were finally flagged to a muddy parking spot. Wondering if we could even imagine enjoying such a cold wet day at a festival. We handed our tickets to a woman dressed to the T in Pilgrim like drab. It wasn't long till we noticed everyone was dressed like this while trying to hold an obvious British impersonation. There was tons of things to do. Luke and Mike had gone on about the bird show. We went to a booth with a bald eagle, owl and some other wild bird. After being told all about the bald eagle, Luke asked the lady, "What tricks does it do?" She went on to say, "Stand here and look pretty." We found out this was as close to the bird show we were going to get. There was a guy and a girl who called themselves brother and sister (Below), but acted as though they were dating. It was quite strange. They did a great job of keeping the audience's attention however were very much in their own world together. This next man was GREAT, maybe the best entertainment at the whole festival....

He didn't say a word until the show had ended. He caught me taking a picture and grabbed it from me and went back stage with it. He then came out with a tapped up smashed camcorder. The crowd got a kick out of it. It was very believable. He managed to get a picture of each section of the crowd, this is the section of Luke (red), Me (green), Danaya (pink), and Mike (yellow) were in. After seeing this picture we realized that our rain jackets made us look like the powerful girl (Red being the crazy monkey, Mojo Jojo). The festival had lots of booths that probably made bank because you couldn't win them so you keep paying to try again. Luke decided to try Jacobs ladder, thinking he could do it because he had done it before in boy scouts. He tried five times and each time....
As we were leaving I noticed the loveliest hat booth. I thought my craft blog readers would enjoy it. If you are out there craft bloggers I apologize that this blog is now a blog about my Colorado trip. I'll get back to crafting soon. Anyway I took a picture of it and the lady told me to email her the pictures because they didn't have a lot of pictures on their website...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This trip looks like fun from viewing all of your photos! I <3 the love story about Danaya and Mike (so romantic). The brother and sister actors in love is icky, but interesting, and true of the times. I wish I could still eat crepes. I am going to google vegan crepe recipes, I'm sure there is something close to it. I like that you played in a pickle, however, I know your predicament. The game either has really crappy nouns, or you are playing with really reserved people. The first few times I played it I hated it. I think you played once at my house. Anyway, Simon loves the game and maybe we should give it another try when you get back in town. It seems to me that all of the people playing need to be really vocal or argumentative.
The angle you got of Luke on the ladder looks really neat, I just hope he didn't hurt his back on that fall! ouch. Oh btw, your comment about certain people reading your blog for certain things, like the craft bloggers is interesting. I follow this blog sometimes. http://thepioneerwoman.com/
I really like reading about her life for some strange reason, and I don't even know her haha!... She reminds me a lot of what you're doing in different ways. She get's paid to blog! crazy, I know. You should check it out, I feel like you are heading in that direction. Anyway, keep up the blogging I have fun reading and commenting. Can't wait until a lot of people follow you!
-A devout commentator