Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Whimsy goes to Denver, CO

Day 3: "Arrival"
The sun rose in my back window and woke us up at 7:00am (6:00am Colorado time) with a surprising amount of energy and a lot of neck pains. We had to set off early because I had a job interview at 2 with a photographer/oil painter I met on craigslist. The scenery was very picturesque, mountains were beginning to show themselves to us. Around 10:00am we ran into a dead stop due to some road construction so we got out the car...
When we finally made it to Denver, CO we stopped at his aunts so I could freshen up a bit. I map quested Starbucks, where I was to meet David D (the photographer and painter), and realized we didn't have much time. Of course Luke was going to come with me, who knows what kinda crazy people are on craigslist. Luke was worried about whether he should sit with us or watch from a distance like a spy.

David arrived and came straight up to me extending his hand. He was a very nice fellow and started conversing with Luke and I about fun things to do around here. While he and Luke were talking I notice a punk looking guy outside do a flip...CRAZY. David began showing us some of the paintings of women he had already done. They were really good. He takes pictures of them with the landscape he wants and then paints them with different types of medial oil pastels, digitally on photoshop/painter, or he sketches with vinyl. He showed us some of the recent shots he took of models...they weren't so good, which gave me lots of confidence. I was still confused if he wanted to use me or not so I asked, "So am I the look you are looking for?" He responded, "Yes, of course! I would love to work with you. I am thinking we can take some pictures up at red rocks."

I asked him what he thought of the pictures I sent him to get an idea of what he is looking for. He liked them and to my surprise he had drawn me!


He had given me ideas of what he wanted me to wear and told me of a store called Savers (very similar to Goodwill). He asked me to take some pictures of outfit ideas...
These are just 3 of 8 outfit ideas. Obviously I would get all the wrinkles out before.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures!