Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Whimsy goes to Denver, CO

Day 2: "A Long Road to Nowhere"
We made it on the road by 10:00am and managed to get lost an hour into the drive. we stopped of at a gas station in an area that seemed to be quite an international area. The Indian guy at the gas station tried to put us back on our way but Luke didn't trust his advice so we stopped at Staples. I bought a planner because I have a lot of gigs going on this upcoming week in Denver. I have been applying for Acting, Modeling, Housekeeping and baby sitting jobs since early May.
We chose Lamar, CO because Luke wanted to stop somewhere to watch the "big basketball game" between the Lakers and Celtics and Lamar seemed like the biggest town to stop in. The weather was lovely and we saw lots of beautiful things on the drive up there. There were these beautiful horses just standing at their fence looking like they wanted to be pet. We pulled over to admire them.


A little later Luke spotted a beautiful landscape that we just had to stop for. He also found some flowers growing in the road that we wrapped around our heads. I am not sure what kind of crop this is, but if you know let me know.


Finally, we reached Lamar and pulled up to a gas station where we asked a local about the best place to eat and watch the game. She had a funny accent and was dressed like she owned a farm.

Luke: "Excuse me, do you know a place we could eat and watch the game?"
Lady: "Pizza Hut is the only place around here with a public TV."
Luke: "Really? No bars or anything?"
Lady: "This town don't got much, its the stick out here. Unless you want to eat at Burger King or McDonald's."

So we went and ate at Pizza Hut and felt very out of place. Next to where we were sitting was a stream of water running under a bridge. Luke asked the waitress if it was the river that ran through. She made him feel stupid when she responded, "No, that's the Irrigation Canal."
After eating and watching some of the game we walked up the Irrigation Canal. There wasn't much to see and I got a tack stuck in my foot. We then tried to watch the end of the game at Walmart but they wouldn't change the channel for us. It was getting late so we decided to park on the corner of the Walmart parking lot and watch Alice and Wonderland on Luke's laptop before we hit the hay. Luke passed out quickly, but I was kept up by the wind that was blowing so hard, enough to make the car move. We found out later that a tornado had gone through Lamar that night.




1 comment:

Sarah said...

For some reason, almost all of your blogs remind me of past times. I love sleeping in cars, but a tornado, Ah! I am also really impressed by your picture taking abilities, they seem to get better as you update your blog. I think it would be really cool if you made a page dedicated to the entire process of your photography, and how you unfold as a professional. I like what you are doing here. P.S.- I hope your foot heals quickly!