Friday, July 16, 2010

Whimsy's Wardrobes goes to Denver, CO



Day 40
(July 16th)
I was going to go hiking with Luke, Marshal, Kevin, Sarah, and Meghan but I reme
mbered the 5 Degrees fashion show is today...


I have to go at 4:00pm to get my hair and makeup done at Scarlet Salon Downtown. Then we have run threw at 7:30pm that is supposedly not the ordinary walk. She wants us wearing cocktail dresses before show at 11:00pm. So right now I am waiting for it to be 3:30pm. I don't really have to get ready I guess because they are doing my makeup and hair. Should be pretty fun. I think some of the girls from the last show are in it. We have been texting about it today.

THIS IS THE FIRST BLOG I HAVE ACTUALLY WRITTEN ON THE DAY IT HAPPENED I skipped a few to get here...

Still interested?

I ended up leaving at 3:40 to pick up fake eye lashes. They wanted me to bring even though I think they make me look like a baby doll (the ones with the wobbly eyes).

Not a good look for anyone. Then I tried to find this place from the map quest directions I wrote on a piece of paper. Turns out number ordered streets aren't always in order. Thirty minutes after 4:00, I get to Scarlet Salon for hair and makeup. I was interupted while apologizing on my tardiness with the lady at the front desk telling me it was OK that I was late because I was the only one that showed up! Very surprising (not the first time I hear of models being unprofessional). Anyway they sat me down with the most flamboyant black guy you will ever meet. He kept joking every time he dropped something that his "Butt plug had fallen out." I wasn't very amused especially with the fact that he was cracking jokes with everyone t

he whole time he did my hair. I tried to start a re

gular conv

ersation with him, but he wasn't feeling it. When he finished my hair the front was half wavy and lop sided. I brought it up to him and he got made at me for touching it and slapped my wrist. He then told me each bump wave and mess told a "story." hmmmmm. I was pretty impressed by the back though and after I left I fixed the top front in my car.


I told Mirana (a girl I met at another fashion show) to come to the Salon, considering there were less models there than planned. The makeup artist didn't show up either so we all had to do our own hair and makeup (You can tell in some of the following photos). I was so hungry because I hadn't had a chance to eat dinner so I went next door to a restaurant that ended up being a Ice Cream parlor and bought two bananas because I felt more satisfied using my debit card on 1.50 rather than .75 cents. I gave the other banana to another model, Barbera, and she was so thankful. We were all pretty starving. Miranda ate a Large chocolate ice cream, very modelesque. I left before them because I am very worried about being late to these functions, they are still jobs no matter how fun and friendly they are. I ended up getting lost of course, but managed to get there right on time. We stood around the club, 5 Degrees, for
a while becau
se the stage was running late. It was a very nice club with a fountain in the courtyard. Amanda told us we could head down to Lavish to get the photo shoot done by 10:30 (it was 9:30). An hour for 12 girls sounds like enough time, but it is kinda cutting it close. When we go there the photographer was still setting up his gear so I ordered a Caesar salad and was pissed to find out it was Iceberg Lettuce, which has barley any nutritional Value. The photo shoots BEGIN...
(These are some of my favorites of the other models)

And the best of the group pictures:


No comments: