Friday, July 16, 2010

Whimsy goes to Denver, CO



Day 32-33
(July 8th and 9th)
Well like I said, Luke sprained his ankle skating so today (July 8th) we just sat around on the couch. I had to go to work to pick up our checks and tell them about his ankle. We were surprised at how much our checks ended up being. Luke watched The Rachel Ray show for the first time. He was so interested in it! He even went on her website after and picked a dish that we were going to cook together.
1 pound macaroni
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
3/4 pound chorizo
1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes
1 small onion
2 chipolte in adobo and their juices
1 tablespoon ground chipotle chili
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3cups whole milk
1 cup chicken stock
3 cups shredded smoked Cheddar
It was defiantly interesting. His leg was hurting so he basically just told me what to do. I got a bit overwhelmed because he had me doing a lot at once.

I don't have any pictures of the end product though because I was actually very upset with it. Luke wanted to put 2 cans of the chipolte and said it wouldn't be to spicy (I hate spicy). I told him one would do the trick and he got up and hopped over to the sauce I was making and threw the other can it. It was SO spicy. Not to mention instead of using flour, Luke accidental used confectionet sugar.

We also made broccoli according to Rachael Ray's Recipe that turned out pretty nice.
I found out that I got hired as the actress for a Safety Video for online students. Online students get sent lab work through the mail with a video would that tells them how to do it the safe way. We drove to Aurora to meet the people filming it on the 9th. I was getting worried when noticing the neighborhood wasn't very safe feeling, kind of run down. When we knocked on the door of the studio, I was very surprised to see 3 attractive young guys with 3 golden retrievers. The studio even had a green room. They said I looked a little young, but could make me look older with hair and makeup.

No comments: