Friday, July 16, 2010

Whimsy goes to Denver, CO

Day 31
(July 7th)
Skate Park:
Luke and I went downtown in Denver today. Our first (and last) stop was the skate park.
As soon as I was getting out of the car, I ran into my friend Brian Starnes. How crazy is that? He is from Atlanta and the last time I saw him was for a skate comp. in Florida. I took some fun pictures of him and his friends.
Luke pulled off some sweet tricks, but when he got to the 50-50 grind he fell on it sideways allowing the ledge to slam into his side. Ouch! He attempted it again and his foot slipped off and he hopped all over the place to find steady ground eventually sending his foot under and hearing a loud crack. He was squishing up his face in pain and hopping around saying, "Give me a minute and I'll be fine!" I didn't believe him. I carried his skate board to the car and told him to wait while I got the car. Sure enough he was out for about 4 days.
It is so great the city built such a large skate park for skaters, skateboarders and even BMX bikers. I found it easier to get good pictures of skaters and BMX riders.

No comments: